CSC Holdings, LLC on behalf of itself and its affiliates and subsidiaries authorized to provide the services set forth herein (collectively, "Altice") is pleased to provide its Service Protection plan ("Plan") to you in accordance with these terms and conditions, which incorporate and include the General Terms and Conditions of Service, Agreement for Optimum TV, Agreement for Optimum Online and Agreement for Optimum Voice, the Customer Privacy Notice, as applicable, and as such may be updated from time to time (collectively, the "Terms of Service"). In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions below and the Terms of Service, the Terms of Service shall control.
The Service Protection plan ("Plan") is an optional monthly plan available to current Optimum customers which covers certain customer support calls and service visits related to Optimum TV, Optimum Online, and/or Optimum Voice services as follows:
- The Plan covers the cost of service visits related to repair of inside wiring in connection with the delivery of the applicable Optimum TV, Optimum Online, and/or Optimum Voice services located on the Subscriber's side of the Demarcation Point, as well as certain inside wiring repairs. Under this Plan, inside wiring shall be defined as cables, connectors, jacks, and other components necessary to receive the applicable Optimum service, except as limited in Section 2 of this Terms of Service. Under this Plan, the Demarcation Point begins 12 inches outside of your home and extends inside to the individual outlets and extensions. For apartments, condominiums, offices and/or other group or business facilities, the demarcation point is the outlet or jack inside the unit.
- The Plan offers priority positioning in the queue to speak with a live representative for certain customer support calls after Subscriber has exhausted self-service options.
- The Plan also covers the cost of service visits in which a subscriber calls customer support with an issue relating to the use of Optimum products or services and Altice subsequently determines that an in-home service visit is necessary to resolve issues related to inside wiring, connectors and other customer equipment (e.g., laptops, tablets, smartphones, smart TVs, etc.) necessary for the operation of Optimum products and services. For example, the Plan would cover the cost of service visits to connect mobile WiFi devices, address incorrect equipment settings or connections or program remote controls. The cost of the visit is covered even if it is determined that the issue is isolated to customer-owned or provided (as opposed to Altice-provided) equipment.
Altice will perform all services under the Plan in accordance with industry standards.
- Restrictions and Exclusions:
- The Plan does not cover the cost of a scheduled service visit:
- in the event of a missed appointment (i.e., Subscriber is not home or does not answer door at time of service visit); or
- in the event the appointment is cancelled at the time of the service visit (i.e., when the technician arrives at service location).
- The Plan does not cover the following repairs and other services (although the cost of the service visit is covered):
- repair of wire concealed within a wall or other inaccessible structure, i.e., wire that is wall fished;
- repair of non-Optimum equipment
- installation or configuration of non-Optimum equipment, with the exception of a customer-owned router or modem;
- repair of complex or custom wiring such as smart panels and long-distance HDMI;
- installation, removal, relocation of or change of Optimum services;
- repair or replacement of Ethernet/Cat5 cable or fittings, except as required to connect the Optimum Router to the cable modem and/or Subscriber computer; or
- repair of any damage or destruction caused by fire, flood, earthquake, Acts of God, vandalism, home renovation, gross negligence or willful damage.
- The Plan does not cover the cost of a scheduled service visit:
- Fees and Cancellation Policy:
- Plan subscribers agree to pay the applicable monthly fee and if it applies, a cancellation fee. Plan fee will be billed monthly in advance for as long as the subscriber remains in the plan. Residential subscribers enrolled in Premier Technical Support ("PTS Residential Subscriber(s)") are automatically enrolled in the Service Protection plan without an additional fee (but not vice versa). Business subscribers enrolled in Premium Tech Support ("PTS Business Subscriber(s)") or Premier Protection & Support ("PPS Business Subscribers") are automatically enrolled in the Service Protection plan and receive the Plan without additional fee (but not vice versa).
- Plan subscribers may cancel at any time by calling (888) 705-7171 or contacting Altice at: 1111 Stewart Avenue, Bethpage, NY 11714, Attn: Service Protection.
- If a Plan subscriber does not have an eligible service visit within the first thirty (30) days of the Plan, subscriber is entitled to a full refund of the applicable monthly fee.
- If a Plan subscriber schedules and/or receives an eligible service visit, or in the alternative, has a pending eligible service visit at the time of sign up for the Plan, and cancels within the first one hundred eighty (180) days of the Plan, the subscriber may be responsible for a cancellation fee of $25 for residential subscribers and $50 for business subscribers.
- Additional fees may apply for work performed that is not covered by the Plan.
- PTS Residential Subscribers should refer to the Premier Technical Support Terms and Conditions for any applicable cancellation policy. PTS Business Subscribers and PPS Business Subscribers should refer to the Premium Tech Support for Business Terms and Conditions for any applicable cancellation policy.
- Taxes and Fees: Subscriber agrees to pay any applicable local, state or federal taxes and/or fees imposed or levied on or with respect to the Plan.
- Access to Subscriber Premises: Subscriber authorizes Altice and its employees, agents, contractors and representatives to access and otherwise enter the Subscriber's premises to install, inspect, maintain and/or make eligible, covered repair(s) and, upon the termination of Service, to remove the same from the premises. If Subscriber is not the owner of the property where Altice will perform service visits, Subscriber hereby warrants and represents that Subscriber has obtained all necessary permissions from the owner of the property and Subscriber will indemnify Altice from any liability arising from a breach of the representation and warranty.
- Limitation of Liability: Altice shall not be liable for any damages (including indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind) arising from services performed under the Plan.
- Amendment: Altice may, in its sole discretion, change, modify, add or remove portions of this Plan at any time. Altice may notify Subscriber of any such changes to this Plan by posting notice of such changes on the Optimum website or sending notice via e-mail or postal mail. The Subscriber's continued participation in the Plan following notice of such change, modification or amendment shall be deemed to be the Subscriber's acceptance of any such modification. If Subscriber does not agree to any modification of this Plan, Subscriber must cancel the Plan in accordance to Paragraph 3.
Effective August 31, 2018