Additional Terms of Service for Business TV
Subscriber understands and agrees that these additional Terms of Service for Business TV ("Business TV Terms") are incorporated into and made a part of the General Terms and Conditions of Service (Business) ("Terms of Service") and apply to the Business TV services ("Business TV Service" or "Service") provided to Subscriber by CSC Holdings, LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries authorized to provide the services set forth herein ("Optimum"). Subscriber further understands and agrees that these Business TV Terms incorporate and include the Customer Privacy Notice, as may be changed from time to time.
THESE BUSINESS TV TERMS GOVERNING YOUR USE OF BUSINESS TV SERVICE INCLUDE A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION AS SET FORTH IN THE TERMS OF SERVICE, WHICH INCLUDES A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS AND PROVISIONS FOR OPTING OUT OF ARBITRATION.
Subscriber's use of the Business TV Service shall be deemed acknowledgment that Subscriber has read and agreed to the Terms of Service, including the Business TV Terms. Any user who does not agree to be bound by the Terms of Service, including these Business TV Terms, should immediately stop their use of Business TV and notify the Optimum Customer Service Department to terminate the account. This is a legally binding document.
1. Third Party Apps: In addition to providing video programming and video-related services, and interactive television services, certain Optimum equipment provided in connection with the Business TV Service, including the Optimum digital cable box (the "Optimum Equipment"), may include or provide access to services, software or applications that are licensed, sold and/or provided to You by Third Party Providers ("Third Party Provider App(s)"). Notwithstanding any other provision of this Agreement to the contrary, this Agreement shall not be deemed to apply to any Third Party Apps and Your use of a Third Party App is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement between you and the licensor of that Third Party App. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that Subscriber shall only use Third Party Apps on the Optimum Equipment that are authorized by Optimum.
2. Reproduction of Programs: You may not make copies of programs except as permitted by law. You may only display programming at your service location in accordance with the level of Service and programming package to which you subscribe.
3. Optimum's Rights:
A. Optimum has no obligation to monitor content or services accessible with the Optimum cable system or the digital cable box. However, Subscriber agrees that Optimum may monitor content electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law or regulation to operate its programming and data information services properly, or to protect itself or its Subscribers.
B. Optimum may determine in its sole discretion what constitutes an "inappropriate" use of Optimum's systems, equipment, and services.
C. Optimum may, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice, change, add to or remove portions of the Service (including, without limitation, content, functionality, hours of availability, Equipment requirements, Equipment, and Services features), and/or institute or otherwise change rates, fees and charges for Service, subject to applicable law. Optimum may notify Subscriber of any such changes as described in Section 33 of the Terms of Service, including by posting notice of such changes on Optimum's website (www.Optimum.net), by sending notice via email or postal mail to Subscriber's billing address, by contacting the telephone number(s) on Subscriber's account (including mobile phones) by means such as but not limited to voice, SMS, MMS, and text messages, including by the use of by automatic telephone dialing systems, and/or by browser bulletins or walled garden (browser interruption). Subscriber agrees that any one of the foregoing will constitute sufficient and effective notice. If any material change negatively affects your Service, you have the right to cancel your Service. Your continued receipt of the Service for more than thirty (30) days after the change, however, will constitute your acceptance of the change.
A. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Business TV Service, including but not limited to all programming, program services, program packages, number of channels, channel allocations, broadcast channels, interactive services, data offerings and other services are subject to change under applicable law. Optimum shall not be liable for any failure or interruption of program transmissions or service resulting in part or entirely from circumstances beyond Optimum's reasonable control. VOD and Pay Per View services are not available to commercial customers. Subscriber agrees that it has no right to receive, and Optimum has no obligation to provide, any particular programming service or channel as part of Optimum's Business TV Service and that Subscriber is not entering into this agreement or purchasing Optimum's Business TV Service in reliance on an expectation or promise (explicit or implicit) that any particular programming service or set of programming services shall be included as part of Optimum's Business TV Service.
B. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, and to avoid doubt, in the event particular programming becomes unavailable, either on a temporary or permanent basis, due to a dispute between Optimum and a third-party programmer, Optimum shall not be liable for compensation, damages (including compensatory, direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive or consequential losses or damages), credits or refunds of fees for the missing or omitted programming. Subscriber's sole recourse in such an event shall be cancellation of the Service in accordance with the Terms of Service. This paragraph shall not apply to programming to which a Subscriber subscribes on an a la carte basis (i.e. channels not part of a package or tier); provided, however, in that event Subscriber shall only be entitled to a pro rata credit of amounts pre-paid for the specific programming to which Subscriber subscribes on an a la carte basis.
6. Additional Disclaimer: Programming information is passed onto Optimum from the programmers and is provided to you AS IS. Optimum does not guarantee the accuracy of any programming title, run time or other related programming information. Optimum does not guarantee Subscriber's access to or ability to record any particular programming or the time that any particular program remains available for viewing or recording.
7. Parental Control: A Parental Control feature is available for you if you want to keep children from watching certain programming. You can place channels under Parental Control by blocking out channel number, and/or, on the digital cable box, by program rating. Please check the manual provided with your service for instructions on how to implement and monitor the Parental Control features. Should you deactivate the Parental Control feature, even for one channel or event, this will deactivate the Parental Control feature for all other channels previously locked out. You will then have to reactivate the Parental Control to again block out the desired channels. It is recommended that you occasionally verify that your Parental Control feature is activated and operational.
8. Prohibited Uses and Activities: The Subscriber shall not use Optimum's Equipment, or the Services for illegal or inappropriate activities or otherwise engage in any illegal or inappropriate activities in their course of dealings with Optimum, including but not limited to:
A. invading another person's privacy; unlawfully using, possessing, posting, transmitting or disseminating obscene, profane or pornographic material; posting, transmitting, distributing or disseminating content which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, slanderous, defamatory or otherwise offensive or objectionable;
B. redistributing or retransmitting the Service, or any portion thereof, or transmitting or distributing the Service, or any portion thereof, to persons outside the service location on your account;
C. modifying, disrupting or tampering with Optimum's Equipment, including but not limited to, tampering with the seal on the digital cable box, the access card or any of Optimum's services;
D. connecting or attaching equipment to the Service with the intended purpose to distribute the service in an unauthorized manner;
E. restricting, inhibiting or otherwise interfering with the ability of any other person to use or enjoy any Optimum service, or the Service;
F. reselling Optimum service or services;
G. conducting a pyramid or other illegal soliciting scheme;
H. impersonating any person or entity or forging anyone else's digital or manual signature; or
I. harassing, threatening, or otherwise verbally abusing Optimum employees or its agents.
Engaging in one or more of these activities may cause termination of this Agreement by Optimum. This section shall not limit Optimum's rights of termination under any other provision of this Agreement.
8. License Requirements: Subscriber agrees to comply with all end user license requirements relative to the Services which Subscriber accesses under this Agreement. Subscriber acknowledges and understands that Subscriber may be responsible for additional music licensing or copyright fees for content contained in any or all of the Services, including, without limitation, public performance licenses.
9. Closed Captioning: Information regarding closed captioning issues is available by clicking here.
10. Acceptable Use Policy: Use of the Service is also governed by Optimum's Acceptable Use Policy.
Effective: August 1, 2022