a. “Optimum” refers to CSC Holdings, LLC, and its parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, including Altice USA, Inc., Cequel Communications, CSC Wireless LLC, and CSC Wireless NY, LLC.
b. “Services” means the Optimum-branded residential and business services provided using our cable system, including our cable television (“TV”) services, Internet services, voice over Internet protocol (“VoIP”) phone services, and mobile phone services, our related products and platforms (such as Optimum One and Altice Amplify), our support services (such as Service Protection), and our Apps.
c. “Apps” means the applications available for use by Optimum Customers, including the, the Optimum Support app, the Optimum TV app, the Optimum TV skill, and the Business Hosted Phone app.
d. “Customer” means a customer of any Optimum Service.
e. “User” means a visitor to the Website.
f. “Information” means the information we collect about you and your use of the Services or Website. It includes information you provide to us, information we collect when you use the Services or Website, and information provided to us by third parties. Depending on how it is used or shared, some Information can be PII or De-identified Information, as those terms are defined below.
g. “Personally Identifiable Information” or “PII” means information that directly identifies or can reasonably be used to identify a particular individual (for example, email address). PII does not include De-identified Information. PII does not include aggregate data or De-identified Information.
h. “De-identified Information” or “Anonymous Information” is information that does not directly identify and cannot be reasonably linked to a particular individual. We treat IP addresses and other unique identifiers – such as cookie IDs, advertising IDs, device IDs and household IDs – as De-identified Information when they cannot reasonably be used to identify a particular individual. We also consider aggregated information to be De-identified Information.
i. "Device Identifiable Information” or “DII” is a type of De-identified Information that directly identifies or can reasonably be used to identify a specific browser, device, or group of devices, but doesn’t directly identify and cannot reasonably be used to identify a specific individual.
j. “Financial Information” means information related to your financial relationship with us, including your credit card or banking information, your Social Security Number, payment history, and credit history.
k. “First Party Advertising” is advertising or marketing communications for Optimum products and services, including those offered under the Optimum Mobile, Optimum and Cheddar brands.
l. “Service Providers” means third party vendor(s) that perform services on our behalf in connection with the offering, operation and provision of the Services or other legitimate business activities, for example, fraud prevention, payment processing, billing, shipping, e-commerce, customer service, analytics, and marketing services.
m. “Third Party Advertising” is advertising or marketing communications for a third party (including, for example, for non-Optimum products and services).
2. Information We Collect and how we collect it. When you visit the Website or subscribe to and use our Services (including our Apps), Optimum collects certain types of information about you, as described and illustrated below. We may collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, automatically when you use a Service, from third parties, or on our Website.
a. Information You Provide To Us. When you sign up for service, purchase a product or service, create an account, call, text or email us, use online account tools (for instance, when you chat online with an agent or log into your account on the Website, complete customer surveys, fill out a form on the Website, or otherwise communicate with us, we collect the Information you provide to us, which may include PII, such as:
- your name and contact information, such as, service address, billing address, work address, email address, phone numbers,
- credit card number, bank account number or other Financial Information,
- personal identifiers, such as date of birth, social security number or driver's license number,
- passwords and other information you provide to authenticate your access to the Services,
- records of correspondence and other communications, including recordings of calls or online chats with our customer service, technical support or sales agents,
- information you provide when you establish customer settings or preferences on your account or respond to customer satisfaction or other surveys.
We may also access and use Information you provided to us previously in connection with the provision of other services. For example, if you are an existing Optimum TV, Internet and/or VoIP customer and then sign up for Optimum mobile service, we may access and use your Information to supplement the information we collect from you in connection with the mobile service.
b. Information We Collect When You Use the Services. As part of our normal course of business, we generate and collect Information about your account and use of the Services in order to provide our Services, to detect unauthorized reception of our Services, and for other purposes described in Section 3 below. The Information we collect may include:
- Billing and Account Information. We collect and generate Information such as account number, billing and payment history, types of Services to which you subscribe or products you purchase, email addresses we assign to you, your maintenance and repair history, and the kind, location, configuration, and device identifiers, MAC and IP addresses of equipment (including TV sets, set-top boxes, CableCARDs, modems, telephones, tablets, smart speakers, and other IP enabled devices) connected to our facilities.
- TV Services. If you are a Optimum TV customer, we may also automatically collect information about your use of our systems, such as changing your television channel, reviewing listings in an electronic program guide, using your remote, interacting with your DVR, ordering or viewing on-demand programming, engaging in other interactive programming features, or when using an App (such as audio files when using voice-based search) or other similar IP enabled device applications.
- Internet Services. If you are an Internet customer, we may automatically collect and associate with your account certain information concerning your use of our Internet service, such as the IP address(es) assigned, MAC addresses of equipment that is used, bandwidth used, system and connection performance, browsers used, dates and times of access, and Internet resource requests. We also collect usage statistics and network traffic data and geolocation information.
- CPNI. If you are a VoIP or Mobile telephone customer, we collect subscriber list information, which is limited to your name, address and telephone number. We also collect information about the quantity, technical configuration, type, destination, location, and amount of your use of the Phone service and information contained on your telephone bill concerning the type of phone services and features you receive. That information, when matched to your name, address, and telephone number, is known as customer proprietary network information or “CPNI.” CPNI does not include subscriber list information by itself. See below for more information on the Special Rules for CPNI Data.
- Location Information. We may collect Information from the devices you use to access the Services that tells us where you are at a given point in time. For example, we may know that you are at home when you chat with an online agent on the Website. Or, if you use the Mobile service, location information may be available when your device communicates with cell towers, WIFi routers, access points, and/or with technologies used by the Global Positioning System.
c. Information Provided by Third Parties. Sometimes, we obtain additional Information from publicly available sources such as research consultants, data service providers, credit reporting agencies, and marketing firms to supplement the Information we collect from you. We may combine this Information with Information that we collect from you. We may also obtain Information from our business partners and/or their service providers or clients to assist with data collection, reporting and ad response measurement, as well as to assist with delivering and analyzing the performance of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. The types of Information that we may receive from third parties includes, but is not limited to demographic data (including, but not limited to gender or age range) and interest data (including, but not limited to demonstrated interest in or interaction with a particular product/website). We may also obtain credit information about you from outside credit reporting agencies to help us with customer authentication, fraud prevention and credit-related decisions.
We participate in the Adobe Marketing Cloud Device Co-op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver services and advertising that are of an enhanced value and interest to you. Click here to learn more about how Adobe does this and to manage your choices relating to this linking of devices.
d. Information Automatically Collected on Website: When a User visits our Website we may collect their Information in the following ways:
- Cookies. We and our Service Providers use “cookies” to collect information about your visit to our Website and to manage information concerning your preferences. A cookie is a small encrypted computer code added to a file on your computer as a record of your visit. It does not collect or provide your name or any other personal information about you. It can, however, be used by the Website to note information about your visit, such as your type of web browser, operating system and IP address, to better tailor the Website for you. It can also be used to recognize you when you return as a repeat visitor. You can control what cookies are accepted by your computer through the settings on your web browser or by deleting them from your computer. Doing so, however, may limit the personalization available to you.
- Clear GIFs. We and/or our Service Providers may use clear GIFs (also known as “web beacons,” “Internet tags,” or “pixel tags”). These are lines of code that allow websites to summarize overall visitor usage patterns and to provide personalized services. We may use clear GIFs to track visitor preferences or to gather aggregated information about visitor usage patterns. We do not use clear GIFs to collect Users’ PII.
- Passive Automatic Electronic Collection. We and/or our service providers collect and log information automatically when a User visits our Website. For example, we collect your IP address, the name and location of your Internet service provider, the type and version of your browser, the length of time you visit the Website, your search queries on the Website, and the average number of pages you viewed. We use this log information for systems administration purposes and for technical troubleshooting. We may also use it to gather general demographic information about you, such as your general location.
e. Information Collected From Children. Our Services and Website are not directed at, or intended for use by, children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under the age of 13. Children should always get permission from a parent or guardian before sending personal information over the Internet. If you believe your child may have provided us with personal information, you can contact us and request that we delete the information. You can find more information about protecting children's privacy by contacting the FTC or viewing its website at www.ftc.gov or by visiting our website at http://www.Optimum.com/netsafety.
3. How We Use Your Information. We use the Information we collect for legitimate business activities, including: to provide and improve our Services; to communicate with you; to generate De-identified Information, and for advertising, marketing and recommendations purposes.
a. To Provide and Improve Our Services. We use the Information we collect, including PII, to conduct business activities such as account administration, service provisioning, operations, billings and collections, marketing, analytics, customer service, technical support, network performance management, and fraud prevention. These purposes may specifically include:
- establishing your account;
- measuring credit and payment risk;
- facilitating billing and collections functions and obligations (including any reporting to credit bureaus or collection agencies to obtain payment for our billed products and services);
- authenticating access to your account;
- account administration;
- service delivery and optimization;
- maintenance and operations, including management of the network and devices supporting our service and our systems;
- technical support;
- hardware and software upgrades for devices and systems;
- understanding the use of the Services;
- improving our Website and Services and identifying and developing new features, products and services;
- providing you with programming, services and advertising that are of enhanced value and interest to you;
- customer service, including processing and responding to your inquiries and troubleshooting;
- internal analytics and reporting;
- protecting our rights, personnel and property;
- detecting the unauthorized reception, use or abuse of any Service and to protect our subscribers from fraudulent, abusive or unlawful use of, of subscription to, any Service;
- enforcing our legal rights, including under the General Terms and Conditions of Service (Residential), General Terms and Conditions of Service (Business), or Customer Service Agreement (Optimum Mobile) (as applicable); and
- complying with applicable law.
b. To Communicate With You. We use the Information we collect to deliver and personalize our communications with you. For example, we may use the PII you provide us to inform you of Service updates or the status of a service request or outages, as well as to invite you to participate in a survey, to collect amounts you owe, or in connection with other activities related to the Services or your account.
d. To Provide Advertising, Marketing and Recommendations. Subject to section 8.b, we use the Information we collect about Customers and their use of the TV and Internet Services and cable system to make program and content recommendations, to send promotional communications about the Services or other Optimum product and service offerings, and for other First Party Advertising and Third Party Advertising purposes. These promotional communications and advertisements may be directed to you because you subscribe to these Services, because of the way you use these Services, or because you live in a certain geographic area, or may be based on demographic and interest information that we collect or obtain from other sources. For example, we may use Information to facilitate the display of First Party Advertising to you on other websites, mobile applications and devices. When we do this, we may provide service providers with access to certain PII in order to facilitate the creation of de-identified audiences (for example, based on IP address, cookie ID, device ID or other persistent identifiers) and the placement of Targeted First Party Advertising. If you are a TV or internet subscriber, we may also use these service providers to create similar audiences based in part on de-identified viewing or usage data and/or the IP address(es) we assign to facilitate the sending of Targeted Third Party Advertising that we think may be of interest to you. Our sharing of information to facilitate Targeted Third Party Advertising is described in Sections 4.b and 4.c below. You can opt out of certain marketing messages as outlined in Section 5 below.
e. CPNI Data. Our use of VoIP and Mobile Customers’ CPNI data is limited as described in Section 8.b below.
f. Geolocation Data. We use service address, device and/or access point location data for a variety of purposes, including to facilitate emergency services, provide our services and our location-based applications and services. Where we offer our own location-based applications, we provide you with notice and choice about whether specific location-tracking features available on your device are turned on. Many types of wireless applications and services use device location data, including applications provided by other companies and wireless device operating systems. When you are considering new third party applications or services, you should carefully review the location-based services' or application providers' privacy policies to learn how they collect and use your information.
For Mobile customers, if your device is turned on, our network is collecting Location Data about the device location. We may use, provide access to, or disclose Location Data without your approval to provide and support the Mobile Service, including to route wireless communications, operate and improve our network and business, detect and prevent fraud, provide emergency responders information about how to find you when you call 911, or as required by law or emergency.Depending on your device, you may be able to obtain services (such as mapping or ride-sharing service) that use the Location Data of your device. These services, referred to as Location-Based Services (“LBS”), are generally provided by third parties in connection with apps or websites. Third party LBS providers generally use your device operating system’s location capabilities, which can determine location independent of our network, to derive device location. We do not share network location data with third party LBS providers for their LBS. It is important that you understand the location capabilities and settings of your device and the privacy policies and terms under which third party LBS are provided.
4. WHEN AND WITH WHOM WE SHARE INFORMATION.
a. General Sharing Policy. Except as set forth below, Optimum will not share or disclose Customers’ PII to a third party unless it is necessary for us to render our Services or conduct a legitimate business activity related to the Services we provide to you, or the Customer provides appropriate consent in advance.
b. Service Providers. We sometimes provide access to Information, including PII, to third party Service Providers to assist us in providing Services or for other legitimate business purposes, including those described in Section 3.a. For example, we may provide access to certain Information to companies providing services to us, including installation and repair, billing, call center, sales and marketing, market research, fulfillment, mailings, data storage, data scrubbing, data analytics and processing, bill collection, auditing and accounting, credit reporting, and legal services. We may also provide access to third party data service providers who assist us in facilitating or providing targeted advertising by generating De-identified Information based on your PII. These Service Providers are authorized to use your PII only as necessary to provide these services on our behalf. We may also disclose PII to credit reporting agencies. When you purchase a device from us for use in connection with the Mobile Service we may share your PII and Financial Information with trusted Service Providers involved in fraud prevention in order to verify the authenticity of your transaction. Transactions detected as being potentially fraudulent may be further reviewed or declined.
c. Optimum Affiliated Businesses. We may share Information, including PII, with Optimum affiliates that assist us in providing Services,Optimum or that offer products and services under other brands, such as Cheddar, News12, i24 News or RatemyProfessors. We do this either to provide and improve our Services as described in Section 3.a above or to better enable those affiliates to provide their products and services to you. We may also share your information with other Optimum affiliates for First Party Marketing purposes, provided that any required consent (such as with respect to the use of CPNI data) is obtained.
We may also share Customer and Website User Information, including PII, with a successor company or other Optimum entities in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale of all, or components of, our business.
Our affiliate a4 works with third party advertisers to run cross-platform (tv, computer, tablet, mobile device) Targeted Advertising campaigns. We may share De-identified Information, including device IDs, IP addresses or other unique IDs, with a4 to facilitate the creation of audience segments to receive this Targeted Third Party Advertising and for other advertising and marketing purposes.
d. Account Owners and Users. We may disclose any information about a Customer’s accounts and use of the Services and their features to the primary account owner after appropriate authentication. The primary account owner may also authorize other users to access information on the account, and that may include data about you and your use of the Services.
e. Third Party Carriers. Ifyou are a Mobile subscriber roaming on the network of another wireless carrier or WiFi service provider, your wireless telephone number, your location, the numbers you dial, and other information about your usage will be available to that carrier to facilitate that service.
f. Mailing List Information. If you subscribe to a non-voice Service offered over our cable system (e.g., TV or Internet), we may rely on a special provision of law that allows us to disclose mailing-list information about you to marketing organizations, programmers and other businesses. Mailing-list information includes your name, addresses, and the non-voice services to which you subscribe (for example, basic tier, HBO). You can opt-out of our disclosure of mailing list information as described in Section 5.d below.
g. CPNI and Subscriber List Information. If you subscribe to our VoIP or Mobile service, applicable regulations allow us to disclose subscriber list information. For example, we may give your name, address, and number to organizations who publish phone directories or who provide 411 services or similar public services. We may transmit your name and number so that the person you call can see such information on his or her Caller ID. Certain procedures allow you to block transmission of Caller ID information. You may contact us to obtain additional information about these procedures. We may also transmit your name, number, and registered location to a public safety answering point ("PSAP") when you dial 911 for emergency services. Disclosure of CPNI data is subject to additional specific limitations, as described in Section 8.b below.
h. Authorized Parties With Your Consent. We may disclose PII about you to third parties with your consent. We may obtain your consent through a variety of channels, such as in writing, online, on your phone, when you agree to terms of service, in our stores, or implicitly, for example, when you purchase a product and ask that it be shipped to your home, thereby consenting to our disclosure of your name and address to a third party shipping company to complete delivery. Consent may also be obtained when you purchase additional services or features of Optimum Services that are provided via third parties.
i. Third Parties for Marketing Purposes. We do not and will not sell, license or rent Customers’ or Website Users’ PII to unaffiliated third parties without the required consent to do so. We may provide De-identified Information (which may include information about viewing habits, geolocation and system interaction) to third party advertisers, programmers audience measurement and research firms to provide more relevant programming, advertising and features, to improve the Services, to provide you with information or offers about products or services we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist third parties with media, programming and content planning, and purchasing efforts. We may also share De-identified Information or aggregate Information with third parties for other uses of their own provided they commit not to re-identify the information.
Note: Data obtained through the Optimum Text Alert Notifications program will not be shared with any third parties for their marketing reasons/purposes.
j. When Required by Law or to Protect Optimum or Others. You acknowledge, consent and agree that we may access, preserve and disclose your Information, including your PII, your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal process;
- enforce our Terms of Service, Privacy Policies, or other contracts with you;
- respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties;
- respond to your requests for customer service;
- respond to inquiries from government agencies regarding customer-initiated complaints provided to such agencies; or
- protect the rights, property or personal safety of Optimum, its agents and affiliates, its users and the public.
We may also disclose information to law enforcement agencies in emergency circumstances, where the disclosure of such information is consistent with the types of emergency disclosures permitted or required by law. We are required by law to report any evidence we may become aware of relating to violations of laws concerning child exploitation.
In some areas we provide home security services, including video surveillance services. We provide information to emergency responders for purposes of providing this service. As a part of these services, we may record and store video at your direction and for your use. Our employees and agents have access to recorded video, and they may view that video during installation, while troubleshooting, when performing maintenance, and/or during emergency situations (as determined by us in our reasonable discretion).
Consistent with the requirements found in the Cable Communications Policy Act of 1984 ("Cable Act"), the Electronic Communications Privacy Act ("ECPA"), the Digital Millennium Copyright ("DMCA") and other federal laws, we may disclose information to representatives of government or other authorized persons. A private party may also use a subpoena under the DMCA to require our disclosure of a subscriber's information when the party believes the subscriber has infringed on the copyright of such party. Upon receipt of the subpoena, we are required to identify the alleged infringer, without any notice to such subscriber.
5. HOW LONG WE KEEP INFORMATION. We generally keep some or all Customer and User Information for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was collected or other business, tax or legal purposes. When information is no longer needed or required to be maintained, we destroy or de-identify it in accordance with our internal policies. If you are a California resident (“CA Resident”) you have the right to request the deletion of the personal information we collect from you subject to certain exceptions as described in Section 8 below.
6. CHOICES YOU HAVE TO LIMIT USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION.
a. Marketing Communications. We may send you marketing communications about Optimum products or services. We allow you to limit or opt-out of some types of marketing communications. For example, you may choose not to receive promotional or marketing telephone calls or postal mailings regarding our Services by contacting us at 888-822-5151 or email [email protected] for placement on our “Do Not Call” list or “Do Not Mail” list. Please note, any requests to be placed on the "Do Not Mail" list will only be effective for the 12-month period following such request. If you wish to continue to remain on the “Do Not Mail” list, you will need to make another request upon the expiration of the previous request. Please also note, “Do Not Call” and “Do Not Mail” requests may take up to thirty (30) days to become effective.
b. Interest Based First Party Advertising. Some advertising that you see on the internet or in mobile applications on your devices are tailored to your interests and based on your activity online or in the mobile applications. If you do not wish to receive interest based ads for our products and services on other websites or mobile applications, you may opt out of most such advertising by going to the following websites operated by industry trade and self-regulatory organizations: http://networkadvertising.org/choices (operated by the Network Advertising Initiative) or http://www.aboutads.info (operated by the Digital Advertising Alliance).
c. Targeted Third Party Advertising. We offer you the ability to opt-out of receiving Targeted Third Party Advertising based on your Information or use of the Services as described in Section 3.d. To opt-out, utilizing the email address associated with your Optimum Internet account, please email [email protected] with the subject line “OPT-OUT” and in the body of the email, please include the account holder’s name, account number, and billing address.
d. Opt-Out of Targeted Third-Party Advertising to Set-top Boxes or IP-enabled devices. we offer our TV customers a choice as to whether you wish to receive Targeted Third-Party Advertising delivered to your set-top box, certain other IP-enabled device applications, or on third party websites. To exercise this choice, please log in to https://www.optimum.net/privacy-preferences. Additionally, Optimum also provides TV Customers with the opportunity to restrict the use of program and content recommendations in association with certain Optimum services, including our recommendations features and functions, by visiting https://www.optimum.net/privacy-preferences. Please note, your opt-out preferences may not take effect immediately and do not retroactively apply to existing advertising/promotional messages or campaigns.
7. How We Secure Your Information. We employ physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Customers’ Information. For example, we utilize secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect certain information you provide to us; employ verification measures to protect e-mail during delivery; maintain certain Customer databases in restricted areas; and secure the content by use of firewalls and other security methods. We also limit access to databases containing Customers' PII to specifically authorized employees and agents and other parties identified in Section 4 above.Despite these measures, we do not guarantee the security of information stored in our databases or that unauthorized parties will not intercept information you send or receive over the Internet. As a shared resource, the Internet subjects our services and you to the risk of unauthorized access to files and data, even when security measures are implemented. If you use the Optimum Internet service to send, receive or post personal or confidential information, you do so at your own risk. Since we cannot control websites or Internet services operated by third parties that you may visit through use of our Services, we recommend that you review the terms of service and privacy policies of those websites and services.
8. SPECIAL RULES AND RIGHTS UNDER FEDERAL LAW.
b. Communications Act and CPNI. Under federal law, you have a right as a VoIP or Mobile phone Customer, and we have a duty, to protect the confidentiality of your CPNI data. We restrict access to your CPNI. For example, Optimum Mobile and Phone call detail records, which contain information about the calls you make are available online. In order to access call detail records online, you must have a Optimum ID and password. All other CPNI is restricted by requiring a password and/or by requiring that you provide certain non-public verification information over the phone to confirm your identity. A written request may also be used to obtain your CPNI. You must send the written request to Optimum at 1111 Stewart Ave., Bethpage, NY 11714, Attn. Shared Services - CDR. All requests will be verified.
Optimum also restricts the use of your CPNI. Unless we have your appropriate consent, Optimum does not share your CPNI with non-affiliates for marketing purposes. We may, however, use telephone CPNI or share de-identified information to tailor your service and to market related Optimum Phone products and services to you.
9. STATE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS
a. FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS ONLY: YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS. The California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA), Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100-1798.199, requires that “Businesses” (as defined in the CCPA) provide CA Residents with information regarding the personal information collected, disclosed and sold about them. The CCPA definition of personal information (“CA Personal Information”) is broader than the definition of PII in Section 1.g above and may include information we collect when you use the Services or visit the Website, such as IP addresses, cookie IDs, and device IDs, to the extent such information is reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to a particular consumer or household. We consider ourselves to be a Business with respect to the CA Personal Information we collect from Customers who are CA Residents when they provide it to us, use our Services, or visit our Website as described in Section 2 above. We also consider ourselves to be a Business with respect to certain licensed demographic data we collect from third parties (see Section 2.c) as well as information we collect from non-Customer Users of the Website (see Section 2.d). The CCPA provides CA Residents the right to know about the CA Personal Information collected, disclosed or sold about them by us as a Business, the right to request that we delete their CA Personal Information (subject to certain exceptions), and the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for exercising any of these privacy rights.
b. Collection of CA Personal Information. Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.140(o) contains a list of categories of CA Personal Information. The table below lists the categories of CA Personal Information we have collected about Customers or Website Users who are CA Residents in the preceding 12 months, the categories of sources of that information, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom it was shared.
d. Right to Know and Deletion Requests. CA Residents have the right to request that we disclose the categories and/or specific information of CA Personal Information we have collected about them, the categories of sources of that information, the business or commercial purposes for which the information was collected, and the categories of third parties with whom it was shared (“Right to Know Requests”).
CA Residents also have the right to request that we delete the CA Personal Information that we have collected from them subject to certain exceptions, such as maintaining the information to continue to provide our services (“Deletion Requests”).
We will only be able to honor Right to Know and Deletion Requests for CA Residents whose identities we can verify, which is limited to current or former Customers. We have no reasonable way to verify the identity of a CA Resident Website User who is not a current or former Customer, as the CA Personal Information we collect about these Users as a Business is limited to the information automatically collected on the Website as described in Section 3.d.
CA Residents who are existing or former Customers, or their authorized agents (see Section 8.d below), may submit Right to Know and Deletion Requests by using the online form available at https://www.Optimum.com/ccpa-form, or may contact us at 1-806-418-8888.
e. Authorized Agents. CA Residents may use an authorized agent to submit a Right to Know or Deletion Request on their behalf provided that the CA Resident gives the authorized agent written permission to do so, the authorized agent submits verifiable proof of such written permission and their identity to us, and the CA Resident subsequently verifies to us that permission has been provided. In the event a request is received by an authorized agent, we will follow up with both the agent and CA Resident seeking additional information to verify identities and ensure that a signed Authorized Agent permission form (available at https://www.Optimum.com/ccpa-form) has been completed and submitted.
f. CCPA Questions. If you are a CA Resident or authorized agent with questions regarding your rights under the CCPA you may contact us at [email protected] or at the mailing address set forth in Section 11 below.
g. Shine the Light Law (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.83). A separate California law requires that we provide CA Residents with notice and choice with respect to the disclosure of their personal information to third parties for marketing purposes. If you request it, we will provide you with a notice of your right to prevent sharing of your personal information as well as a cost-free means of doing so. You may request such a notice via email ([email protected]) or by submitting a written request to Optimum at 1111 Stewart Ave., Bethpage, NY 11714, Attn. Shared Services specifying that you seek your “California Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow thirty days for a response.
Attn. Shared Services Dept
1111 Stewart Ave.
Bethpage, NY 11714
Effective: August 1, 2022