Paperless Billing Terms and Conditions
- By enrolling in paperless billing ("Paperless Billing"), you have selected to receive your Optimum bill and associated notices, including potentially service-impacting notices, electronically. If you request to only receive your bill electronically, you understand and agree that you will no longer receive a paper statement, and Optimum will send electronic notifications that your billing statement is available online to the electronic method you elect to receive account updates and notices, or to the e-mail address you provided during enrollment by default. Other notices, disclosures or contracts entered outside of the billing cycle may be sent to you directly to your selected method of electronic communication, or to e-mail by default. By agreeing to Paperless Billing, you are confirming to Optimum that you are able to access all information provided to you in electronic form. If you have more than one account with us, you will need to select a statement and notice delivery method for each account.
- You understand that there may be a time lag between when you stop receiving a paper bill and start receiving Paperless Billing notifications. While your Paperless Billing service is being activated, it is your responsibility to keep your accounts current and contact Optimum if you do not receive your bill notice. You agree that you are responsible for maintaining a valid method of electronic communications, including a valid e-mail address and agree to notify us of any change in your method of electronic communications and e-mail address.
- You also agree that all change in terms notifications, legal and other notices (such as notices about changes to the agreements governing your account) that Optimum provides may be provided only through this notification.
- Optimum sets the criteria for Paperless Billing eligibility and may, at any time and at its sole discretion, accept, deny or cancel Paperless Billing for your account and send a paper bill. You may cancel Paperless Billing and receive paper statements at any time by changing your statement option through the Optimum customer portal.
- Each bill, together with any legal notices on the bill (including any change(s) in terms) about your Account, will remain available online for a period of up to twelve months. Inserts included with your bill but not printed on the bill will remain available for up to three months. You may print these statements or download them to your own system.
- In order to use Paperless Billing, you must have access to a computer or device with an operating system among the types listed below that is capable of connecting to the Internet using one of the Internet browsers stated below. Your browser also must support 128-bit encryption. Your statements will be delivered as an Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF) file. To access and retain a PDF file, you need the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® (version 7.0.8 or higher), downloadable from Adobe's web site. You agree that you have the necessary software to view and save PDF files.
- EXCLUSIONS OF WARRANTIES. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THIS SERVICE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS", AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMIT, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR USE OF THE PAPERLESS BILLING SERVICE. OPTIMUM DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION, PROCESSES, OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, USEFUL, FUNCTIONAL, BUG- OR ERROR-FREE. IF APPLICABLE STATE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE RELEVANT PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
In order to use Paperless Billing and receive and retain bills and notices electronically, you will need a personal computer with storage and/or printing capability to be able to print on paper or electronically save notices including these paperless terms and conditions, Internet connectivity, a working e-mail account or other electronic communications medium and operating system software that will support operation of the following software:
Latest 2 versions of Chrome
Internet Explorer 11
Latest 2 versions of Safari
Microsoft Edge 16
Chrome latest minus 1 Safari Latest minus 1
iPhone X(9), 8/8p 7/7p
iPad pro, standard, mini
Galaxy s8, Note S8
Galaxy Tablet 5, 4
iOS current minus 11,10
Android 7 - 5
Windows 10, 8, 7
OS X 10
- We reserve the right to modify and update these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any such modifications or updates will be posted to this page and/or your bill statement. We encourage you to check this page regularly for any such updates.
Effective June 15, 2018