The Top Tips to Picking the Right Small Business Internet for Your Startup Company
Running a small business—especially a startup—comes with its own unique set of rewards. You get the satisfaction of starting something brand new, something small that has the potential to grow, something that could change the world (or even just a part of it) for the better.
That type of success and satisfaction is true of all small businesses that conquer their goals and tackle their dreams. But there’s something so special during the startup phase.
On the other hand, being a small but important startup can also come with its own unique set of challenges, too. One of those overwhelming challenges? Picking out the perfect small business internet to suit your startup’s needs, grow with you as you scale, and not bog you down with services that don’t make sense for the size of your company or the goals you set out to accomplish.
So, with all that in mind, the question remains—how exactly do you search for and find the right small business internet solutions and the right business internet provider for your specialized startup?
It’s a long answer, but luckily, a simple one. Today, we’re diving into a few things we think every small business owner (and startup company!) needs to know about how to make the right-for-them decision on small business internet.
While the options out there might feel endless (and we won’t lie, we can understand why you’d think that), the fact of the matter is that despite there not being a one-size-fits-all internet solution for every company out there, there are some simple, objectives considerations that every startup should take into account before they decide on their small business internet provider.
Luckily, that’s precisely what we’re covering today. Keep reading to learn more about choosing the perfect-for-you small business internet—it’s an investment that takes thought and consideration, but in the long run, can make the largest impact on your business’ success.
Why Your Startup Needs Small Business Internet Solutions
It’s tempting to fall into the mindset that because a startup is small when it begins, the need for high speed business internet is minimal. While you might be working with just a few devices and even fewer employees, the fact of the matter is that your small business—whether it’s a startup or not—deserves internet that’s going to be continuous, reliable, fast, and cutting-edge.
Here are a few of the leading reasons that your startup needs to invest in small business internet solutions:
- Continuity and consistency are so important when you first begin. Don’t get us wrong, you’ll always need a reliable and continuous connection, but this type of dependability is a must when you’re first getting your feet wet and taking your business off the ground. Consider how complicated, overwhelming, and tricky the first few weeks, months, and even years of a startup business can be—now consider how much more complicated, overwhelming, and trickier it would be without a reliable, fast, and secure connection? That’s probably not an answer you want to have a meet-and-greet with, is it?
- Room for growth is everything. Sure, you’re small now, but what are your goals for the next few weeks, months, and years? Typically, startups aren’t created with the intent to remain their initial size. If you set yourself up with room to grow, you can experience seamless scalability. If you attempt to scale—even slightly—relying on residential internet, you’ll notice gaps in connectivity and capabilities that don’t cut it.
- Public WiFi isn’t a perk, it’s a necessity. Offering this type of connectivity for your employees, colleagues, and especially our customers is not available using residential or small-scale WiFi. Only business WiFi can help you tackle this important requirement.
- Increased productivity, flexibility, and connectivity all go hand-in-hand with small business internet.
- To accomplish everything that needs to be done, your startup needs reliable access that doesn’t quit—in other words, it needs to be available to do whatever you need, at any time. If you cannot meet your deadlines because your internet doesn’t have the network connection requirements necessary, you can essentially kiss getting everything accomplished seamlessly goodbye.
- Your responsiveness and customer connection are crucial—with slow, lagging, and unreliable WiFi, you cannot guarantee any of these things. To many customers, that’s definitely a deal-breaker
How to Pick the Best Business Internet Provider For Your Startup
Now that you have a stronger idea of why internet business solutions are so important for your startup, you’re probably already leaning into the next question—how do you pick the best business internet provider?
We’ll be frank—this process can be overwhelming. With so many providers out there claiming to be the best of the best, it can be tricky to figure out what’s actually right for your business, its goals, and your team.
While there’s certainly no one-size-fits-all solution available, we do think there are some objective considerations that every startup—no matter its size, scale, or industry—should consider before choosing their business internet provider.
Growth and Scalability Opportunities
You’re a small startup now, but will you always be? Your needs will likely grow over time as your company does, so it’s crucial to get an understanding of what scalable options are available from the business internet provider of your choice. Will growth be a seamless procedure? Will you outgrow them, and, if so, how quickly? It’s crucial to keep thoughts of the future in mind before you commit to a provider who can’t grow, change, and be flexible with you and your company.
Price & Your Budget
It’s easy to say that you want all the cutting-edge technology that’s available on the market—but is that really in your budget? Try to find the sweet spot between affordability and next-level tools that can grow with you.
Capabilities and Services
What else do they offer as part of your high speed business internet solution? What capabilities does your high speed business internet offer? What is the high speed business internet service missing that you know would improve your capabilities? Are IT teams available to help you monitor, maintain, and manage your high speed business WiFi?
Customer Service and Support
How does the customer service team respond to your inquiries and questions? Do you find them to be helpful, engaging, and interested in your success?
Package and Bundle Capabilities
What else can you roll into your high speed business internet services and solutions? Does the internet provider have managed WiFi services that can grow with you? Does your internet provider offer smart WiFi that could change the way you run your internet connection? It’s crucial to check all of these things before deciding on an internet provider.
Reliability, Speed, & Dependability
Does the internet provider have a reputation for being reliable and dependable? Can you trust their high speed business internet to provide you with the connectivity you need? Have you read reviews, tested their services, and done everything in your power to verify that the connectivity, security, and continuity are at the level you want and need?
Optimum Business—The Small Business Internet Partner That Has Your Back
Looking for the perfect small business internet provider? We can do you one better. At Optimum Business, we consider ourselves your go-to small business internet partner. We’re there with you every step of the way to answer your questions, help you choose the services that make the most sense for your business, and guide you as you grow, scale, and become the company you always intended.
Whether you’re looking for basic, high-speed business internet solutions or managed WiFi that can take your business internet options to totally new heights, Optimum Business is here for you whenever you need us—because, in our eyes, your success is our success.
Reach out to our team at any time—we’re here to help you find the right path toward startup success!