What You Need to Install HDTV
Our handy HDTV checklist will tell you what you need to begin watching television in crystal-clear high-definition resolution.
- You can choose a plasma, liquid crystal display (LCD) or cathode ray tube (CRT) HD television.
- LCD: Short for liquid crystal display. These liquid crystals are placed between glass plates, and produce different colors when small temperature changes are introduced to the area using electrical charges.
- CRT: Short for cathode-ray tube. CRT is still by far the most commonly used display technology today. CRT uses a beam that scans lines onto the display screen.
- Plasma: Plasma display technology is most commonly used in large, flat panel television. Plasma panels consist of tiny tubes that create images when charged with electricity.
- To receive HD service, you must have a digital HD cable box hooked up to your TV set with HD-compatible cables, like the component cables provided or HDMI (purchased separately).
- You may need to exchange your standard digital cable box for an HDTV digital cable box. To do so, find an Optimum Store near you.
- Getting HDTV service is easy. Simply call us at 1-866-874-HDTV and request an HDTV digital cable box.
- HD channels start at Channel 700.
- You can check your local channel listings, which will indicate the programs that are broadcast in HD.
- Take a look at our HD channel lineup.
Details: See Optimum TV details.